Sukmin Yun

I am an assistant professor in the department of artificial intelligence at Hanyang University ERICA, and I was a postdoctoral fellow at MBZUAI, working with Professor Eric Xing.

Previously, I was a Ph.D. student in the School of Electrical Engineering at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), advised by Prof. Jinwoo Shin

My research revolves around realistic machine learning problems with limited supervision. This includes many practical and challenging scenarios, e.g., learning with noisy labels, (open-set) semi-supervised learning, and self-supervised learning. Specifically, my previous research has been focused on developing a new way to use more supervisory signals from model or data. Recently, I am also interested in multi-modal learning (e.g., Vision-Language). 

I'm looking for highly motivated graduate & undergraduate students. If you are interested in joining, send me an email with your transcript and CV.

Office: Hanyang University at Ansan, Engineering Building Ⅳ, Room #513

[Google Scholar] [Twitter]

Publications

(C: conference / W: workshop / J: journal / P: preprint) (* = equal contribution)

eDUCATION

Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)  

Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) 

wORK EXPERIENCE

Assistant Professor

Postdoctoral Fellow

External Research Collaborator

Teaching Assistant

Research Assistant

HONORS & AWARDS

Winner, Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship Korea 2022

Participation Grant, International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML) 2022

Excellent Paper Award, KAIST-Samsung Electronics Industry-University Cooperation, 2019

Travel Award, International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML) 2019

Academic Services

Conference Reviewer

Journal Reviewer